Griffin Fertilizer Co., Frostproof, FL
"In 2000 our fertilizer building burned down. Shortly after the fire, we contacted Ranco Fertiservice. This proved to be one of the best decisions that we made.
Ranco asked us what our goals were for both storage capacity and blending capacity. They used our actual blends to design the blend system specifically for our business.
The Ranco sales and design teams also provided us building dimensions to help ensure that we would have the storage capacity that we were targeting. The building dimensions and design were extremely useful when it came to locating a contractor and getting competitive bids. Ranco engineers worked closely with our contractor to help insure the project was timely. We knew from the beginning that the building would be designed appropriately for the fertilizer storage application.
Since we installed the equipment in 2001 we have had very few serious problems or issues. But when we have had an issue, Ranco’s response is immediate and effective. Their parts and service department is second to none in getting us the parts we need quickly.
Ranco has proven to us that they manufacture superior equipment and stand behind it. I have recommended them highly to several other companies."
Griffin Fertilizer, Co.
- 200 TPH receiving drag paddle
- 200 TPH receiving bucket elevator
- 24” wide overbin slider bed conveyor with two-way tripper
Blending and Load-Out System:
- Sixteen bin Volumetric Blender with six micro additive bins
- 158’ of blend auger
- 200 TPH load-out bucket elevator
- Three-way electric distributor
- Two 25-ton scaling hoppers on Ranco drive under structure
- U-trough auger to weigh hoppers
- Six ton bagging tank and bagging system
- Sealing conveyor and take-away conveyor
- Bagging turn-table